Saturday, September 27, 2014

Emmitt Smith, There's No Need to Apologize.

Many people saw the news over the weekend that Emmitt Smith took to Twitter to express his frustrations with Jeff Driskel: "Put Jeff Driskel on the bench please, I have seen enough." I don't know any Gator fans who disagreed.  Unfortunately, he followed that up with a political move: he apologized.  Emmitt, there is no need to apologize for saying what all of Gator Nation is thinking.  We also saw Robinson retweet (and then un-retweet) a picture of Will Grier and Treon Harris that expressed his interest in seein a new QB on the field for Florida.  Not for one second do I buy the "that was an accident" excuse.  He just knew Muschamp would get on his case about bringing down team morale.  But here's the bigger problem: Jeff Driskel is bringing down team morale by being absolutely terrible at football.  And no, I'm not going to apologize for saying that.  I'm sure the kid works hard and tries his best, but at the end of the day, Will Muschamp needs to recognize that Driskel is not a solution to Florida's woes.  He's actually making things worse.

Which brings me to my next point...seriously, how many more games does Muschamp have to lose before Foley gives up? Foley has now said he will evaluate everything after this season.  Hopefully that means after this season he'll realize how terrible Muschamp is and fire him - and hopefully Driskel will leave with Muschamp.

As we watched Florida embarrass itself in Tuscaloosa

Besides Driskel keeping his starting position, other surprises last weekend included Missouri managing to look worse than Florida, Lucky Les not being lucky enough to come back and beat Dan Mullen....and Clemson apparently being paid off to lose that game.  No other explanation.  To those of you thinking I should mention Utah-Michigan as a surprise, well, I wasn't surprised by a Big Ten team looking terrible.  But Rutgers and Nebraska won! And I ended up winning 4 bets on the Nebraska-Miami game.  Sweet, sweet victory!

As for this week: Florida can't lose! (Gators have a bye)  So...Let's go NC State!!! Former Gator Jacoby Brissett has a chance to make all of Gator Nation smile by beating the tremendously overrated FSU.  So please, Wolfpack, I'm begging you.  Beat those gross Noles.  I'll be watching Tennessee-Georgia to see what Florida is in for next week against the Vols.  But I think Georgia wins today.  A note about Thursday's game - I expected UCLA to win, but Arizona State...wow.  That was rough.  Wisconsin will win against the USF Bulls.  Wisconsin played one SEC team to start the season (and lost) and now they play no one the rest of the season because they're in a joke of a conference.  They could end up with 1-2 losses and have to play another SEC team in a bowl game.  And guess who I'll pick....  I'm not sure why some people think Arkansas is "back" all of a sudden, but I think they're going to get blown out in Arlington.  Rutgers will beat Tulane.  Nebraska will beat Illinois.  My upset special this week: Stanford loses at Washington.  

And Driskel won't turn the ball over today.  GO GATORS!





No comments:

Post a Comment