Thursday, September 11, 2014

The Big Ten Sucks

I know, I've been saying that for years.  But now the media is FINALLY catching on! On Saturday night, all ESPN could talk about was how bad the conference is this year.  I mean, that's nothing new.  The conference hasn't been good in years.  I've explained this a million ways, a million times already, so I have no need to go on a rant now.  I'm just happy that the media caught on early this season.  Now I won't have to hear these "experts" on tv talk about a potential Ohio State-Michigan State game in the final four.  Because guess what? There's no way 2 Big Ten teams are making this playoff.

Shout out to the Hokies, by the way.  SO HAPPY I got to see Ohio State lose in Columbus.  Only wish I could have been there in a Gator shirt to rush the field...



I knew Michigan State would lose and I knew Michigan would lose (I thought it would at least be a game, though, since Notre Dame isn't good).  Stanford disappointed me, and UCLA did not look too good.  At least Houston won a game.  Nebraska and Rutgers both won, but in less-than-impressive fashion.  Come on - Howard and McNeese State? But Nebraska and Rutgers may still be 2 of the best teams in the Big Ten.  The final score didn't show it, but Wisconsin had trouble moving the ball against Western Illinois.  Purdue lost.  Northwestern lost again.  Just give up.  The Big Ten is not very big at all.  But don't worry, Buckeye fans.  I think your team can beat 0-2 Kent State.

FSU did not look good.  I repeat: they will not win the national championship this year.  I'd actually be surprised if FSU makes the playoff this year.  The ACC looks really bad (almost as bad as the Big Ten!), and the Seminoles may not even win the conference.  If Florida had played the Citadel and won 37-12, everyone would be talking about how bad our offense is to only score 37 and how lazy our defense must be to give up 12 points to an opponent like the Citadel.  Any FSU fan would have expected to win that game by at least 50 points.  Face facts: FSU is way overrated.  They're just lucky the ACC sucks.  As for FSU's next game - let's go Clemson!!!!

Tonight we have the battle of the cougars - BYU vs Houston.  I'd love to see Houston get its act together and win this.  I do think it will be close, but I think BYU comes away with this one.  Once again, not many high profile games this weekend.  As much as I'd love to support the SEC, I don't see Tennessee winning on the road at Oklahoma.  Missouri will beat UCF in a game that will be closer than it should be.  Louisville wins at Virginia.  I'll pick NC State on the road at USF.  Overrated USC will beat Tyler Murphy and company.  My upset of the weekend? UCLA loses to Texas.  Best game of the weekend is probably Georgia-South Carolina.  You know I've gotta go with Spurrier to beat the Bulldogs.  Nebraska will get its act together and win at Fresno State.  I see Rutgers winning its Big Ten opener at home vs the Nittany Lions - sorry Penn State fans!

So last week the Gators played Eastern Michigan and came away with a big win.  65-0.  I was happy to see we were at least able to move the ball, but I won't get too excited about beating EMU because, well, it's EMU, not Alabama.  I was happy to at least see a full game rather than a ten-second tease, though.  But this week we play an SEC opponent....an SEC opponent who hasn't beaten Florida since 1986 (and UK hasn't won in Gainesville since 1979).  The streak will stay alive this year - sorry Jojo Kemp.  If you couldn't beat us last year in Lexington when we were arguably the worst we've ever been, you can't beat us now in Gainesville.  

GO GATORS! Beat Kentucky!!

No comments:

Post a Comment