Thursday, September 18, 2014

Some People Never Learn

Jameis Winston, I'm looking at you.  I may not know you personally, but I know enough to know you're an entitled moron.  Rape accusations.  Soda theft at Burger King.  Crab leg theft.  And now yelling vulgar nonsense while standing on a table in your student union? Clearly you don't get it.  It has been made clear to you about a million times that you will be held to a higher standard - as you should be - than other students because you're a public figure at FSU.  But here's the problem: Your corrupt football program/university let you get away with stupidity with seemingly little consequence.  I have said before that I respect the FSU baseball team a lot more for not letting you play after the crab leg incident.  But man.  You're just an idiot.  You personify the FSU culture that every Gator fan loves to make fun of.  You're not invincible.  You're not important.  Get over yourself and grow up.  I could go on and on about this.  You deserve the suspension (took long enough for something to actually earn you a suspension), and I sincerely hope Clemson runs up the score in the first half.  GO TIGERS.

On to other overrated things in the ACC...Virginia Tech! Thank you for proving that you're not good.  It just makes the fact that you exposed Ohio State so much sweeter.  No offense to the I still don't quite understand Arkansas State's distraction attempt against Miami.

So Rutgers disappointed me in its Big Ten home opener.  Penn State just isn't good.  But then again, neither is Gary Nova.  At least it was a close game, I guess.  Nebraska looked great on the road.  Hopefully they snapped out of that funk that made them almost lose at home to McNeese State....but luckily in college football, almost doesn't count.  USC proved to be way overrated, and Tyler Murphy actually showed some potential.  It was surprising, but I did enjoy seeing the upset.  Georgia was Georgia.  Their kicker set a new SEC record for most consecutive field goals, and then he ended his streak.

The game I cared most about last weekend turned out to be much more dramatic than I had hoped.  Kentucky may be improved, but there was no reason for that game to go to triple overtime in the swamp.  Completely unacceptable.  Muschamp better turn it around fast or Foley won't be supporting him much longer.  But at least Jojo Kemp can shut his mouth now.  28 victories in a row for Florida over Kentucky.
Supporting the Gators during the Florida-Kentucky game 9-13-2014
Obviously this weekend is a huge game for the Gators.  I only wish I were more excited.  I think we have a lot of offensive talent on this team - including Jones, Taylor, Robinson, Dunbar, Debose - but I don't think it's being utilized well at all.  I'm not sold on Roper just yet.  Still definitely not sold on Muschamp, needless to say.  Alabama is a 2 score favorite, and I actually wouldn't be surprised if Alabama is insulted by that after seeing our game.  However, Alabama's game against West Virginia did expose vulnerabilities.  Thought I think Saban has had a plan all along to confuse SEC opponents. I think Saban has known all along he wants Coker as QB.  Sims will play, but only for specific plays that were designed for him or in games/situations where Saban feels no threat from the opponent.  That said, we may see Sims this weekend if Alabama runs up the score early.  But if you've ever watched a Lane Kiffin team play, you know Coker fits Kiffin's style of offense better than Sims does, so I think Alabama is just trying to throw off SEC opponents with this "we don't know which QB to play" nonsense.  Florida, please surprise me.  Please pull off a huge upset.

Some picks for this weekend...

Rutgers will redeem itself with an upset win at Navy.  Missouri will beat Indiana - and it won't be close.  Michigan State will beat Eastern Michigan by less than 65.  Wisconsin will beat Bowling Green, but it will be closer than people expect, at least through the first half.  Auburn will beat Kansas State.  LSU will beat Mississippi State, but it won't be a blowout.  Oklahoma will be challenged by West Virginia, but will win by no more than 10.  Oregon will beat Washington State.  Hoping for Clemson to beat FSU, though I haven't been impressed with either team.  Of course I'm picking Nebraska over Miami.  That's a given.  Clearly this isn't a classic Miami-Nebraska matchup, though.  Miami couldn't handle Louisville, and even though Nebraska had a momentary lapse against McNeese State, I still don't think Miami can win this game in Lincoln.  People who know me love that I know to make bets on games.  I have 3 bets riding on this Miami @ Nebraska game, so come on Huskers! Go Big Red!! I can't bring myself to pick against Florida, no matter what logic tells me.  I'm sure Muschamp is checking the weather in Tuscaloosa hoping this game will be canceled.  But come on Florida...shock the world!  Beat Bama!

GO GATORS!


No comments:

Post a Comment