Friday, October 3, 2014

Why are there no prostitutes in Tennessee?

...Because they're all Volunteers.

So I must say - last weekend the Gators looked almost as good as they did Labor Day weekend.  Gave up no yards, had no incomplete passes, no turnovers... Ah, the beauty of a bye week.

Jacoby Brissett...you came so close to being a hero to the Gator fan base.  But alas, you and your team choked and disappointed football fans everywhere.  However, you did expose FSU, and they are no longer ranked first in the coaches' poll.  So thanks for that, I guess.  Nebraska had no problem with Illinois (as expected).  Rutgers looked good against Tulane (as expected).  Honestly, I expected a bigger win from Texas A&M.  I know Arkansas is supposedly an improved team, but I'm still not sold on the Razorbacks.  Stanford pulled away from Washington in the 4th quarter and I was disappointed.  Wisconsin did not look good in its victory over USF, and I'm honestly still not sure why Wisconsin is ranked - or why they're ranked ahead of undefeated Nebraska.  (Yes, I'm biased - but aside from the cupcake games they've each played, I'd argue that beating Miami is more impressive than losing to LSU)

Georgia and Tennessee played yet another close game that came down to the end, and Georgia won again - but Tennessee does look better, which has me on edge for this weekend.  And after seeing a breakdown of Jeff Driskel, I'm really not sure why Muschamp isn't giving Harris/Grier a chance.


At a certain point, Muschamp has to realize that if Driskel doesn't improve, Muschamp is going to lose his job.  It's one thing to stand behind your QB and try to give him confidence.  It's another thing to keep a guy on the field who just plain doesn't understand the game.  I'd love to see Driskel improve and become the great QB analysts have said he could be.  But honestly? I don't expect it.  Hey Jeff, please surprise me.  I'm begging you.

After seeing Tyler Murphy beat USC and after seeing Jacoby's stats vs FSU, I wonder how Driskel might perform at an ACC school.  And I find myself wondering...Is our coaching really just that bad - or is the ACC just so awful that these guys suddenly look decent?  Hmmmm....

The biggest upset this week may have already happened.  Oregon, what happened??  Bear down...good win for Arizona.  I only watched the beginning of the Houston game, but O'Korn looked pretty bad before being benched, so I'm not entirely surprised they lost to UCF.

I hope TCU beats Oklahoma, but I haven't seen enough of TCU to really say if I think it'll happen.  TCU's best win in 3 games was over Minnesota.  Given the quality of Big Ten football, I really can't make any guesses based on that.  The Buckeyes travel to the state of Maryland for the second time this season, and I think this time they won't be so lucky.  GO TERPS!  I'll also call for Stanford to win at Notre Dame.  No particular reason - I just think this one is a toss-up.

The SEC West is looking kinda crazy right now with 6 of 7 teams being ranked in the top 25.  We'll get 3 ranked vs ranked games this weekend with Alabama @ Ole Miss, LSU @ Auburn and Texas A&M at Mississippi State.  I'm picking Alabama and LSU on the road and Mississippi State at home.  The LSU @ Auburn game will be close, but I think Les comes out on top.  This Tigers vs Tigers matchup consists of the 2 luckiest teams in the SEC, so I expect something close with a strange ending.  I think Ole Miss has looked decent so far, but I don't see Nick Saban losing this early in the season.  Mississippi State seems focused to me.  Texas A&M didn't impress me against Arkansas, so the Bulldogs get the edge this weekend in my eyes.

I think Rutgers will get back on track in conference this week with a home win over a very down Michigan team.  I really hope Nebraska plays well enough to win on the road at Michigan State.  This will likely be the hardest road test for the Huskers this season, and it would be nice if they could remain undefeated!  But more importantly...

Florida hasn't lost to Tennessee since that awful ending in 2004.  I won't tolerate a loss to the Volunteers.  So come on Gators.  Be prepared to play football, and be prepared to win.  Let's go for ten wins in a row over Tennessee.

GO GATORS!




No comments:

Post a Comment