Friday, October 31, 2014

Sometimes You Just Need a Bye Week

Yes, I took last week off from writing.  After seeing Florida's/Driskel's performance against Missouri, I needed to join the Gators in having a bye week.  I'm pretty sure that game was not an actual football game.  It was something.  It was on a football field.  The participants wore football uniforms and had a football.  But that, my friends, was not football.  It certainly was not Gator football.  I needed an extra week to recover from it.

So things have been shaking up in the top 25, and I really don't know who's good this year.  TCU has a good offense, clearly.  Alabama looks like it's finally shaping up, but I wouldn't be surprised if they lose another game.  Mississippi State looks good.  Ole Miss will lose again.  Oregon...still suspect.  FSU is awful  Like really, really, really bad at football.  Louisville killed me last night.  They squandered every opportunity in that game.  Honestly, I've watched FSU and I've actually paid attention.  I'm SO sick of the media hyping the "undefeated defending national champions."  Umm, wake up.  FSU could easily be 3-5 right now if not for some bad calls and good luck.  Yes, I said 3-5.  Go back and watch the games vs Oklahoma State, Clemson, NC State, Notre Dame and of course Louisville.  Could have lost all of those.  And none of those teams are very good.  So it's pathetic that they could have lost all five.  But I'm supposed to believe FSU can contend for a national title this year? No chance.  Sure, go ahead...say I'm biased because I went to Florida.  Say my judgment is clouded because of the off-the-field issues.  But WHEN (notice I didn't say IF) FSU loses, I will say back to you, "I TOLD YOU SO."  Fun fact: Jameis Winston threw as many picks against Louisville as Geno Smith did against the Bills on Sunday.

So last weekend, one of my teams beat the other.  I was win-win for me.  But I'm hoping both Rutgers and Nebraska win this weekend.  I'm going to the Wisconsin-Rutgers game tomorrow, and I'd really like to rush the field after a Scarlet Knights' victory.



Nebraska will have no problem with Purdue.  I'll pick TCU to beat West Virginia.  I'll actually pick Kentucky to win at Missouri.  Mississippi State will definitely beat Arkansas (lock of the week).  Stanford will give it a good try, but Oregon wins this year.  I'm of course picking Illinois -- not because I think they're good, but just because I hate Ohio State.  I'll pick UCLA at home over Arizona and Arizona State at home over Utah.

But more important than all of these....GO GATORS!  TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment