Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Week 5 - 2012 College Football

West Virginia: do you have any defense? Does any conference other than the SEC believe in defense? Oklahoma State could have and probably should have beaten Texas, so my upset pick last week wasn't bad.  FSU hardly looked impressive at USF.  LSU once again looked incredibly beatable against FCS opponent Towson.  Is Les trying to fake out the Gators or something?

Husker homecoming was fun, but it wasn't quite the same as an SEC atmosphere.  Memorial Stadium holds more than 80,000 people.  In other words, when the Huskers play at home, Memorial Stadium becomes the third largest city in the state of Nebraska.  Husker football and corn are pretty much all they have in Nebraska.  The fans were all very nice and very polite, and the average age of the fan was...well...let's just say much older than the average fan at a Gator game.  When I go to games at The Swamp, I expect a wild & crazy crowd throughout the stadium.  Nebraska fans were enthusiastic, but hardly rowdy. 

A sea of red at Nebraska homecoming
The theme of the game was "the red & the quick."  There was a lot of red, but not much quickness.  Two Husker turnovers gave Wisconsin control of the first half.  The blackshirts got it together in the second half and Nebraska made its second largest comeback ever to win the game.



Sidenote: I sat next to some Wisconsin fans at the game, and I'm truly disappointed in how little they knew about college football.  When I mentioned that even the Big East is outplaying the Big Ten this year, one fired back with, "Yeah, Georgetown football looks great."  I give up.  This is why I don't respect most big ten fans.

On to this weekend....

There are some better games, at last!  No surprise, I'm picking Rutgers in the blackout game.  Chop UConn!!  I'm picking Spurrier over Georgia.  I am hesitantly picking West Virginia on the road at Texas.  Yes, I'm still not sold on Texas even though I keep hearing how underrated they are, and I can't believe WVU gave up 63 points to Baylor, but I'm sticking with Geno and the offense.  I don't think Texas can answer back enough times to stay in the game.  I hope FSU is sleeping on the Wolfpack.  LET'S GO NC STATE!  Does Washington have another top ten upset in them? Probably not.  I'll take Oregon. My upset picks of the week should be obvious: Nebraska over Ohio State, and of course, FLORIDA over LSU.  (Last I saw Ohio State was a 3.5 point favorite and LSU was a 3 point favorite.) 


GO GATORS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment