Monday, October 29, 2012

Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Football

Apparently when Muschamp said he didn't need to fire up the team for the Georgia game because they'd already be fired up, he was wrong.  I'm convinced he let them all go drink at The Landing the night before the game, because there's no other explanation for playing as poorly as they did.  And Aaron Murray is BAD.  I mean REALLY, REALLY BAD.  But the way the Gators played was worse.

Best case scenario: Georgia beats Ole Miss & Auburn (hear me out before you go crazy!), Alabama wins out - beating LSU and destroying Georgia, LSU beat Mississippi State, Florida wins out.  In this scenario, Florida would be the only one-loss team in the SEC and could play in the Sugar Bowl.

The Rutgers loss hurt, but it really doesn't hurt RU's chances of playing in a BCS bowl since it was out of conference...so all isn't lost.  If RU goes undefeated in the Big East, the Scarlet Knights can play in a bowl with the big boys...or maybe the Orange Bowl with someone like FSU.  And Nebraska is controlling its own destiny...could end up in the Rose Bowl.  Will all 3 of my teams make BCS bowl games?? That would be great...still possible!

Some picks...

Miami beats Virginia Tech in Miami...but who cares? People will only watch because it's the only college game on.  Mississippi State rebounds with a win over Texas A&M - but it will be close.  I only give this one to the bulldogs because of home advantage.  Texas loses at Texas Tech.  Georgia beats Ole Miss.  I'd love to see Oklahoma State bull the upset at Kansas State, but I don't see it happening.  I think USC will be fired up for Oregon...I think it will be closer than many people expect.  I'll pick Oregon in a close one.  Alabama, you need to beat LSU per my best case scenario above.  Thanks.
Florida vs Missouri Tickets - November 3, 2012

Rutgers has no game.  Nebraska wins at Michigan State.  And of course, the Gators will beat Missouri, and I will be there! Very excited to make my return to The Swamp - haven't been since Tennessee @ Florida in 2009. 


GO GATORS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment