Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Week 6 - 2012 College Football

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!! Big win.  But now we fans have bigger expectations.  And yet, while I think the #4 rating may be premature, I feel analysts are still overlooking the Gators.  When FSU and LSU were #4, they were in the title discussion.  Suddenly the title discussion includes South Carolina, West Virginia, Kansas State and Notre Dame in place of Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma, USC and FSU.  Don't get me wrong - I still think the Gators have a lot of work to do.  But are the Gators better than West Virginia? Yes - we actually believe in defense...and we're damn good at it.  Do they Gators have a more impressive body of work to date than Notre Dame? Absolutely.  Beating up on 3 teams from the worst conference (Big Ten) plus Navy and Miami (who hasnt been relevant in a decade)....I'm supposed to be impressed??? Well, I'm not.  Notre Dame is certainly better than it was under Weis, but I'm like McKayla Maroney: not impressed.  Stanford isn't fantastic, but it will be the biggest test to date for the Irish.



Huskers, you're killing me.  You were in that game.  You had some sloppy turnovers, but other than those, you were actually outplaying Ohio State.  And then apparently you got sidetracked by a corn field or something.  Pathetic.  I'm extremely disappointed.  So disappointed that I won't even watch you this weekend (you're lucky you have a bye week).

Rutgers.  Chop on, baby.  I love it.

I didn't realize how bad West Virginia really looks.  Texas could have won that game easily.  I picked WV, but I'm not confident they even deserved that win.  Seriously, no defense.  And like I keep saying...I'm not sold on Texas.  Really not sure why I kept hearing about this phantom "Texas defense."  No such thing so far...

Other than Nebraska, all of my picks were correct.  (Come on though...I always pick Nebraska, and I always pick against Ohio State).  WVU beat Texas.  FSU did sleep on NC State and I was extremely happy.  Washington didn't pull off another big upset to beat Oregon.  South Carolina smothered Georgia.  Rutgers won and Florida upset LSU.  I think those were the only games I picked, so way to go Liz.

Would you ever pick a team that supports this guy? I wouldn't. Pretty sad when even a 3rd string QB knows he's too dumb to be in class. And at a school where "Exploring" is a major...must be tough...


And this week....

Upset of the week: I'm picking Stanford.  Not because I think they're good.  Not because I think they'll win.  Just because I want Lou Holtz to stop talking about Notre Dame.  I actually think Notre Dame will win, but let the record show that I picked Stanford as my upset of the week.  Oklahoma will beat Texas in a Red River Rivalry that just doesn't interest me this year.  I think Iowa State will put up a fight against Kansas State, but Kansas State will win the game - in closer fashion that most think.    Wisconsin will win at PurdZzZzZzZzZ  ....  Oh! Sorry.  I fell asleep just thinking about that game.

Let's go Hoosiers.  Beat the Buckeyes.  I'll take LSU at home against South Carolina.  I think the Tigers are mad after the SEC East showed them up this past weekend.  #22 Texas A&M wins at #23 Louisiana Tech.  Syracuse is going down.  Rutgers wins at home to start 6-0.  Rah! Rah! And most importantly....I'm picking the Gators on the road.  Florida beats Vanderbilt.

GO GATORS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment