Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The BCS is Back - The Big Ten Isn't

The first BCS rankings are out! There are, not surprisingly, zero Big Ten teams ranked in the top 25.  There are 6 SEC teams in the top 12.  Yes, the SEC is still much, much better than the Big Ten.

Remember when I said West Virginia has no defense? Remember when I said I had no idea why people were talking about the "great" Texas defense? Can't blame me for having high standards for defense - I watch SEC football.

Rutgers beat Syracuse to remain undefeated.  Florida won its "trap game" at Vandy to stay undefeated.  Driskel even broke one of Tebow's records.  And the Jets actually won a game.  So I was pretty happy about football this weekend - except for my upset-pick-gone-wrong.  Hey, refs in the Notre Dame game...Stanford scored a touchdown.  It's okay.  I'll call next week's upset now: Oklahoma will beat Notre Dame.  I was right about Iowa State giving Kansas a fight.  Hoosiers came SO close! I was right about Wisconsin.  I think Texas A&M is better than people think.  I was right about LSU.  I just hope South Carolina has lost its focus after last week.

Go Gators!

On to this week...

I expect Oregon to win Thursday, but it will be interesting to see if Arizona State's defense can stop the Ducks and give them a good game.  LSU's defense vs Texas A&M's offense? That's an interesting one.  I don't know which LSU is showing up, but I'll take the Tigers in a close one.  Rutgers wins at Temple because Kyle Flood is better than Steve Addazio.  I think West Virginia is rebounding this weekend and ending Kansas State's run.  I don't say this often, but I hope Miami wins this weekend.  Random upset pick of the week: Texas Tech over TCU.  TCU was a 3.5 point favorite last I checked.  And of course...I'm picking Florida to beat South Carolina.  Steve Spurrier may know how to win at the Swamp, but there's a new coach in town.  Muschamp - here's your chance to prove yourself to Gator Nation!  Let's go!

 
Remember this one? I want the same winner, but I hope it's not this close!


Who will be the celebrity guest picker this week at GameDay in Gainesville? I want Emmitt Smith...but I'm expecting someone like Ryan Lochte.  We'll see!


GO GATORS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment