Thursday, September 5, 2013

We've waited 5 years for this...

GO GATORS.  Big showdown in South Florida this weekend - but I'll get to that.



First, let me say that Oregon State, USF, Kansas State and Iowa are not good.  Let me add that Georgia and Ohio State, two teams I loathe, are seriously lacking on defense and it makes me oh-so-happy.

Nebraska, get your act together.  That was a pathetic win.  And Rutgers? You broke my heart. I know it was late and you wanted to go to bed....but next time just kick the PAT.

Gators...you did what you had to do to beat Toledo.  We still own the state of Ohio.  I wasn't necessarily impressed, but I didn't expect to be.  A smart team of coaches would hold something back for Miami and surprise them...so I'm hoping for a big win over that tropical depression.  Also, FAU didn't even look that bad against Miami.  I hope Miami wasn't holding much back - but we've all seen ACC defenses.  (I'm thinking Georgia should consider joining the ACC after that performance against Clemson.)

Now, there aren't too many fantastic games this weekend, so I'm pretty disappointed in the scheduling.  I mean, give me a break.  Ohio State/San Diego State is (where I live) on ABC at 3:30pm.  Umm, really? That's a more anticipated matchup than Florida-Miami?? Just because Ohio State is insanely overrated? Just another prime example of Big Ten bias.  Apparently putting a MEANINGLESS Michigan-Notre Dame game in primetime wasn't enough.  So now I have to watch the hungover Gators play at noon in the hot Miami sun.  I don't care if Miami is unranked in the AP poll and ranked last in the USA Today poll.  This is a rivalry game that is only played every 5 years, and well, it's just plain disrespectful to put it on the air that early.  Yeah, I get it, Miami is a thing of the past.  But the Gators are in the SEC! Not the always overrated Big Ten that hasn't won a championship since a questionable call more than a decade ago!

And with that mini rant, I give you some picks for this week:

Ohio State will beat SDSU - but not by as much as you think.  They will lose on the west coast next weekend.  I'm picking South Carolina over Georgia because a) I hate Georgia; b) I like Steve Spurrier; and c) Georgia has no defense, evidently.  I'll pick Notre Dame (coin flip) in a game I don't care about at all.  Oregon should slaughter Virginia.  Houston beats Temple.  Cincy beats Illinois  Rutgers beats Norfolk State.  Nebraska pulls it together and more impressively beats Southern Miss.

And come on.  You already know.

GATOR NATION, BABY.  Beat the Hurricanes.  Eat some ibis for brunch.  GO GATORS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment