Friday, September 27, 2013

Murphy, you're up!

I know I've complained a lot about Driskel (because he's a turnover machine) and I have jokingly said I'd break his legs.  I just want to be clear...I didn't actually want Driskel to break his leg.  I just wanted him to sit on the bench and give someone else a chance.  I wish Driskel a speedy recovery.  At the same time, I hope Tyler Murphy can make the most of this opportunity and finally give the Gators a QB worth cheering for (for the first time since Tebow).  Also wishing Easley a speedy recovery.



So Murphy stepped in and helped the Gators beat Tennessee for the 9th consecutive time.  Nebraska (sans Martinez) beat South Dakota State, not surprisingly.  And Rutgers had the best comeback of the week.  Take that, Bielema! Rah Rah! A friend of mine who works for Arkansas texted me to gloat in the third quarter of the game.  He spoke a little too soon.  Way to finish, RU! (side note: the Gators men's basketball team could learn a thing or two from the Rutgers football team about how to close games...)

For those who haven't heard it directly from me, I'd like to reiterate: I think Ohio State is better with Guiton than Miller.  I said this after the Purdue game last year and I stand by it.  Don't get me wrong, they're not winning a championship this year with Guiton either.  I just think they're so invested in the Miller hype that they're ignoring a better player.  No surprise, though, given who Urban Meyer let play RB at Florida...  Two words about their game this weekend: ON WISCONSIN.

Bucky the Badger at Nebraska's Homecoming Game in 2012


Picks this week:

If it wasn't clear, I'm picking Wisconsin  to upset the tremendously overrated Buckeyes.  Ole Miss, you've had a decent start, but Nick Saban will pay the refs whatever is necessary if this game gets close.  I'm honestly still not impressed with Alabama, but they'll win this game.  Oklahoma will beat Notre Dame - but who cares? Torn on LSU-Georgia....but I think I'm going with LSU.  Georgia showed they don't play well against Tigers, so I'm picking cats over dogs.  Rutgers and Nebraska are off this week, so that leaves me just one team to worry about: FLORIDA.

Ronald Reagan was President of the United States the last time Kentucky beat Florida in football.  None of the players on either team were alive the last time it happened.  They live in a world where Florida doesn't lose to Kentucky in football.  And I think that stays the same.

GO GATORS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment