Saturday, September 14, 2013

Quick Picks

I've had a really busy week, and I'm still trying to recover from that complete Jeff Driskel meltdown last week.  What makes me sadder is knowing (as a life-long Jets fan) that the Jets will probably draft Driskel.  Driskel, you are now Brantley 2.0.  Congratulations, you failed.  Maybe you should have stuck with baseball.

I'm going to pick Oregon over Tennessee.  Tennessee just better lose next weekend, that's all I know.  Nebraska, please get your revenge on UCLA today.  You're at home - no repeat performance of what you did against Wyoming.  I hope Ole Miss blows out Texas.  Rutgers will beat Eastern Michigan.  Louisville will beat the SEC's worst team.  I'm also picking Arizona State to beat Wisconsin.

Cal SHOULD have beaten Ohio State last year in Columbus.  I'm not buying this last-minute decision nonsense on Miller that Meyer is talking about.  That's a bunch of garbage.  He will play, and he'll play most of the game (unless of course he gets scared and has another "injury" ...he's like the Greg Oden of football).  Hyde isn't playing though.  And they gave up 20 points AT HOME to BUFFALO.  I'm all about Cal in this game.  LET'S GO GOLDEN BEARS!!



And of course...there's really only one game that counts for anything this week: Alabama @ Texas A&M.  I think Johnny Manziel is kind of an ass.  And I really don't like Nick Saban.  You know, I really don't want an Alabama three-peat, but I am so sick of hearing about Johnny Football - so as much as it pains me to say these words: Roll Tide.

Most importantly, the Gators can't disappoint me this week.  Thankfully.  Last week they gave me enough disappointment for the entire season.  I'm ready to see what Tyler Murphy is capable of....

But as we say, in all kinds of weather...

No comments:

Post a Comment