Sunday, September 16, 2012

Week 3 - 2012 College Football

No Wilson, no offense.  So much for Arkansas! And Auburn? How come they never play Florida when they have down years? No disrespect to Louisiana Monroe, but I'd be more impressed if they beat any 2 other teams in the SEC West.

Biggest disappointment of the weekend: Cal.  The Golden Bears COMPLETELY outplayed Ohio State, but missing 3 field goals led to a 7-point loss.  Thanks Cal...now I'll have to continue hearing about how fantastic the Buckeyes are even though you just proved they're completely overrated as usual.

THANK YOU CARDINAL.  Stanford beating Lane Kiffin was fantastic.  Anyone who watched ESPN College GameDay saw all Florida and Tennessee fans join together to boo Kiffin when they spoke about him.  It was a beautiful thing.  I'm sure they'll continue to be overrated and this will just move Stanford way up for the time being (sorry, Stanford...after the SJSU close call I just don't think you're the same team as you were with Luck.)



The Big Ten continues to look terrible.  Yeah, Michigan State really looked like a top ten team out there.  Crushed by Notre Dame at home? I know Lou Holtz was happy.  Great offense, Sparty! Even John Brantley could have scored more than 3 points against the Irish with home advantage.  Wisconsin beat Utah State by 2.  Minnesota beat W Michigan by 5.  Indiana lost to Ball State (they were decent a few years ago, but this is a different team).  Predictions: Wisconsin stays ranked and doesn't drop - might even move up, Michigan State stays ranked ahead of Florida, Ohio State jumps into the top ten. 

Ole Miss was disappointing.  I'm still not sold on Texas and I don't think they'll win the Big 12.  Nebraska's defense needs work, but the Huskers still have a definite shot at the Big Ten title given how awful that conference is.  Rutgers made me very happy against USF.  The Rutgers-Louisville game at the end of the season is looking interesting...Can the Scarlet Knights creep into the top 25 this week??

The Gators apparently don't start well - but I'm okay as long as they finish well.  Apparently Florida is a second half team!  The team as a whole still needs to work on penalties - though I'm not sure the refs were even watching that game.  They called a bunch of nonsense all game and at the end when they called that Driskel run a touchdown after he stepped out of bounds four times the refs pretty much established that they didn't care.  But in the end, it didn't matter because the better team won.  Eight in a row over Tennessee.  Go Gators!! Burton, Gillislee, Hammond, Driskel, Reed and Sturgis seem to be getting better and I like it.  Keep it up Gators.  None of the current Gators were alive the last time Kentucky beat Florida in football.  Let's keep it that way! Beat the Wildcats!!



Picks for week 4...

USC will rebound and beat Cal since Cal doesn't know how to finish games.  LSU wins big at Auburn.  Arizona loses at Oregon by more than whatever the spread turns out to be.  Kansas State vs Oklahoma will give us a better sense of how good these teams are.  I'll take Oklahoma at home in a close one.  Upset pick of the week: Obviously I'm picking Clemson to beat FSU because it's the one I'd most like to see happen.  I think Notre Dame will beat another overrated Big Ten team.  Nebraska beats Idaho State.  Rutgers at Arkansas should be very interesting now....I'm picking the Scarlet Knights! Even with Arkansas being down, people still won't expect Rutgers to win.  So I'll pick my hometown team.

And of course...I'm picking Florida to beat Kentucky again.

GO GATORS!!


No comments:

Post a Comment