Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Week 2 - 2012 College Football

Someone at ESPN apparently doesn't like the Gators.  Two weeks in a row they have College GameDay at Florida's away game? That means two weeks in a row of a local guest-picker picking against the Gators.  Well, I hope Corso picks Tennessee since he's usually wrong.  I'm picking the Gators because I support them no matter what.

The Gators didn't look great against Texas A&M, but a win is a win.  I need more offense, and hopefully the depth at defense will be strong enough to sustain the Gators.  It's time for a very important question:  Why does Tennessee have checkerboards in the end zones?  ... Because they can't spell Tennessee!!

From the last time I attended a Tennessee game....3 years ago.
Anyway, Nebraska was a huge disappointment.  I guess they remembered they're in the Big Ten and figured they should start playing like it.  That conference is so, so bad.  Not even worth explaining again.  I even think Notre Dame will beat Michigan State, and I never respect Notre Dame.   For once, Lou Holtz and I agree: Notre Dame wins this one.

I think Arkansas will rebound this week after an atrocious performance last week, but only in the sense that I think they'll keep things close than people expect.  Alabama is still going to win.  I hope Stanford beats USC, but honestly, Stanford hasn't impressed me.  I think USC takes this one, but I'm pulling for the Cardinal.  FSU will beat another terrible team.  Congrats Noles...celebrate while you're winning.  Clemson is waiting.  I hope Cal can continue the trend of Pac 12 teams beating Big Ten teams.  Beat the Buckeyes!!

I'm going to assume Nebraska can handle Arkansas State.  Arizona State-Missouri could be interesting...I'll side with the SEC on that one.  Also siding with the SEC over the Big 12...come on Ole Miss - beat the Longhorns!!

Rutgers beats USF tomorrow night, and I think Schiano should be there to wish the Scarlet Knights good luck.  Rah Rah!!!

And of course....

GO GATORS!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment