Thursday, October 6, 2011

College Football Week 5 Review, Week 6 Picks

Last weekend was not a good weekend for me.  Yes, Ohio State lost and I smiled - ok, maybe I pointed and laughed.  Yes, Rutgers came through over Syracuse, but that was an early game - and it was all downhill from there.  Florida and Nebraska both started strong and forgot to finish.  And to make matters worse, the Jets didn't show up Sunday!



Kansas State pulled off a late-game drive to upset Baylor.  Arkansas came back and beat Texas A&M.  That's 2 weeks in a row Texas A&M blew a significant lead.  Clemson continues its lucky run.  South Carolina couldn't beat Auburn even with home advantage - so I have hope for the Gators when they face Spurrier on November 12.

So John Brantley actually had a decent start against Alabama, but once he threw a pick, he lost all confidence and choked.  Then he got hurt.  And then the game was just...awful.  Also, I now have major doubts about Charlie Weis's ability to coach against an SEC defense.  Seriously, Weis, you can't run Demps or Rainey up the middle into the brick wall that is Alabama's defense.  The way to win that game would have been throwing down the field.  I hope Weis doesn't try the same thing against LSU.  LSU is so far the best college football team in the country this season.  The only thing working in the Gators' favor is that LSU - much like all Gator fans - has no idea what to expect.  I can't say much about the Nebraska game because I didn't see much of it.  The Huskers and Gators played at the same time, and well, the Gators come first in my world.

On to Week 6 picks...

Cal loses at Oregon.  Boise State won't lose at Fresno State Friday - but the Broncos may be caught off guard with a tougher game than they expect.  Georgia Tech rolls over Maryland.  West Virginia beats UConn.  UNC beats Louisville.  Purdue will beat Minnesota in a battle to see who is the worst team in the Big Ten.

Go Gators!
Oklahoma wins the Red River Rivalry.  Kentucky loses again (*shock*) at South Carolina.  Kansas isn't pulling an upset - Oklahoma State wins.  Missouri has a chance at Kansas State, but I think Kansas State built a lot of confidence last week, and they'll likely win again.  Miami loses at Virginia Tech.  Arizona State wins at Utah.

Florida better put up a fight at LSU, to say the least.  I will pick the Gators to win because I always do, but let it be known that I think LSU will win the SEC, and that LSU has the best chance of going undefeated in the SEC.  The Tigers are talented, and Les Miles is the luckiest man alive.  In another 3:30pm game, I will pick Rutgers over Pitt.

Later in the day....Arkansas over Auburn.  Nebraska beats Ohio State.  Let me say this, if the Huskers somehow forget the basics of football and lose to an awful Ohio State team, I will not pick Nebraska in any games for the rest of the season.  Now, considering Martinez is about 1000 times better than Miller/Bauserman, I'm forced to say GO BIG RED.  Huskers win this one in Lincoln.  And big, I hope.

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!! Go Scarlet Knights!  Go Huskers!



No comments:

Post a Comment