Wednesday, October 12, 2011

UF is still the best team in Florida...even if none are ranked

So the Gators had another disappointing week - but come on.  They've lost to the top 2 teams in the country.  That's better than losing to Oklahoma, Clemson and Wake Forest.  Yes, FSU, that's a shot at you.  Nebraska didn't show up until the 2nd half against Ohio State.  I keep hyping Martinez, and everyone says I'm out of my mind.  But FINALLY.  Second half against Ohio State.  Martinez and Burkhead showed me what Nebraska is all about.  And how about my other team in Red? Big win over Pitt! Way to go RU!!



I was not at all surprised with Arkansas's performance over Auburn.  Kansas State continues to build confidence.  Purdue and Minnesota continue to be awful.  Against all odds, Ron Zook is undefeated.  As expected, Alabama crushed Vanderbilt and Oklahoma destroyed overrated Texas.  Question: Why is Texas A&M ranked? Seriously though, I know it will sound biased coming from me, but: how are losses to Oklahoma State and Arkansas better than losses to the TOP TWO teams in the country?  The media bias never ceases to amaze me....

Week 7 picks:

Wisconsin will beat Indiana.  Real tough schedule, Badgers.  Part of me wants to see Wisconsin stay undefeated and get destroyed by an SEC team in the national championship.  This is simply because my brother is a Badger, and he does not understand that the SEC is far superior to the Big Ten, and that being the "best" in the Big Ten means absolutely nothing.  Can't wait for Zook to beat Ohio State.  0-3 start for the Buckeyes in conference! I really don't care who wins the Michigan-Michigan State game, but I'll pick the Spartans because there is absolutely no reason for the Wolverines to be ranked No. 11.  Penn State and Paterno pound Purdue.  (How's that for alliteration?)

In the Big 12: Oklahoma State will handle Texas with ease.  Baylor at Texas A&M should be a good one, and even if the Aggies have home advantage, I'm picking the Bears.  I like Baylor's QB, and I think the Bears are angry after last week's letdown.  I think Kansas State will ride its confidence high to a win at Texas Tech, and Oklahoma will have no trouble beating Kansas.

Credit my brother for the picture of ducks
Pac 12: Arizona State will keep things interesting at Oregon, but I have to pick the Ducks at home.  Do I even have to pick the Stanford game? Blowout city.  Washington State isn't good.  Washington beats Colorado.

ACC: UNC beats Miami.  FSU should end the losing streak at Duke.  But let me say this...if Duke pulls the upset, every person who votes for the AP Poll and USA Today Poll will get a personal letter from me about redefining the word "overrated" for the Seminoles.  Georgia Tech should beat Virginia.  Virginia Tech is better than FSU, so I'll pick the Hokies over Wake Forest.  Clemson will continue to be overrated with a win at Maryland.  Hint: Winning at Maryland does not mean you're good.

It's really hard for me to pick Big East games right now because the conference games are not easy to watch.  Does anyone really care about UConn-USF? I know I don't.  Rutgers is out of conference this week.  Guaranteed win over Navy.  West Virginia looks like the Scarlet Knights' competition for the Big East title.  Come on boys, this is "R" year.


The last time I went to a Florida-Auburn game (2007)
In the beSt confErenCe: LSU should blow out Tennessee.  Spurrier beats Dan Mullen.  Gotta pick former Gator head coach over former Gator offensive coordinator.  Alabama beats Ole Miss.  Surprise, surprise, I'm picking FLORIDA over Auburn.  This is the one team in the SEC Urban Meyer never beat.  But you know what? Meyer is gone.  Muschamp can make us all proud this weekend with a long overdue win over Auburn.  The only question is: who will start at quarterback? I keep saying since this game doesn't matter, let's let Tebow and Newton come back and settle the debate on who was a better college quarterback...

GO GATORS!!!!!!! (And Go Scarlet Knights! Nebraska is off this week...so they can't lose!)

No comments:

Post a Comment