Monday, November 1, 2010

Week 9

I knew Iowa would beat Michigan State...but I didn't expect the game to be so one-sided. Boise State almost got a challenge for a little while with Louisiana Tech. When the Broncos don't cover the spread, people are not impressed. THANK YOU NC State! I love to see Florida State lose. Was not surprised to see the cowboys beat the wildcats. Miami, are you serious? When I said the game might be close....I meant with Miami winning. It took 19 points in the 4th quarter to avoid getting shut out by Virginia. Zook destroyed the boilermakers. I guess Lane Kiffin didn't have enough money for the refs. Clearly Oregon is the best team in the Pac-10. Mississippi State's offense actually showed up this week, and I guess the west proved to be better than the east in the SEC once again this season. Oklahoma played better than I expected against Colorado, but I still think they're inconsistent, and I still think they'll lose at least one more game this season (whether it be to Oklahoma State, Nebraska in the Big 12 Championship or someone else). Huskers looked great. Still can't figure out how they lost to awful Texas! Best thing of all this weekend: Florida beat Georgia. The SEC dream is still alive after that overtime game that almost gave me a heart attack. I'm really happy for Chas Henry - it still shouldn't be his responsibility to win a game that way, but I'm glad he got to have that moment. He deserved it after people jumped down his throat in the Miss State game, and I repeat: it was not Henry's fault the Gators lost that game. Also, I'm glad Chris Rainey had a good first game back.

So Oregon jumped Auburn in the BCS Standings. One word comes to mind: why? Just because Oregon beat always-overrated, ineligible-for-postseason USC? I'm pretty sure Ole Miss would beat USC, but whatever. Way to go BCS...make your system even more meaningless. And TCU jumped Boise State. What is the point of all this? Utah finally moved up to the top 5 after a game that was much closer than it should have been. Air Force is so inconsistent. I think it's a little pathetic that teams 3, 4 and 5 in the BCS have what could be confused with high school football schedules. They are making a mockery of the BCS. But obviously at least one (I'm hoping 2) of these teams will fall this week with #3 visiting #5 this weekend. Ohio State is still 11 and still a joke. I hope they lose at Iowa. Nebraska rightfully moved up from 14 to 7. Bo is probably still kicking himself for benching Martinez in the Texas game. It just didn't make sense to put Lee in as a running QB when you have one of the best running QBs in college football.

Week 10... Rutgers is going to beat South Florida in Tampa. Their records are about even, and USF has home advantage, but why would I pick against my home team when they're playing someone I don't respect? Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech are both pretty bad. Virginia Tech has home advantage, but they're both coming off bye weeks. We'll see who is more prepared...but I'll pick the hokies in a close game. Wisconsin should have no trouble with Purdue. Michigan State will probably climb back up the rankings after they beat terrible Minnesota because the current system loves the terrible Big Ten. I can't wait to see Nebraska own that conference next year. I think Oklahoma State will beat Baylor. The Huskers will dominate Iowa State. I think TCU will fall at Utah this weekend. My upset special of the week, that I have been telling friends and co-workers about for a month: I am picking Hawaii over Boise State on the smurf turf. It's crazy, and no one sees it coming...but I like the Warriors. Arkansas-South Carolina should be a good game - I'm picking Arkansas. Not so much because I think they'll win, but because the more South Carolina loses, the less pressure there will be on my Gators. Oklahoma should beat Texas A&M...but Oklahoma is incredibly inconsistent and is dealing with a few injuries. Sooners win a close one. Arizona-Stanford should be a good one. Arizona hasn't impressed me much. I think the only win over a ranked opponent for the Wildcats was vs overrated Iowa. I pick the Cardinal. Auburn will beat Chattanooga to advance to 10-0. Alabama-LSU isn't quite as big of a game as it was last year, but it is still a very big game. LSU rarely loses home games on Saturday nights and Les Miles is a very lucky man. But Alabama is a better team. If the tigers can make this a defensive battle and keep it a low-scoring game, LSU will win. If it's a high-scoring game, LSU may get blown out at home. Both teams are coming off bye weeks. I'm going to give a very slight advantage to LSU solely because of its record in Saturday night home games. It may not be a night game - but it will go into the night, and I have a feeling Les has some luck left. More importantly, I'm picking the Gators to beat the Commodores.

GO GATORS!!! Go Scarlet Knights!! Go Huskers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment