Monday, October 25, 2010

Week 8

Like I said: Oklahoma, really? I knew they wouldn't go undefeated. And I still think Nebraska is winning the Big 12 to go out with a bang. UCLA was embarrassed at Oregon. USF caught a break when Cincy had to put in a backup QB for its attempt at a game-tying drive. Northwestern DID come to play like I expected, but Michigan State came away with a win. West Virginia is apparently as bad as everyone though they were during the Marshall game. Rutgers got my hopes up in the first half, but they apparently left Pittsburgh at halftime. Arkansas beat Ole Miss - no surprise there. Wisconsin got lucky. I thought they'd win, but I didn't think it would be because of Iowa's inability to manage timeouts. Lucky Les couldn't handle the other SEC West Tigers. Martinez got his act together for Oklahoma State's homecoming and spoiled the party for the Cowboys. After seeing Texas lose to Iowa State, I really can't figure out how Martinez froze up like that against the Longhorns. Nebraska should be undefeated. It's a shame, really. Spurrier beat Vandy, as expected, and Alabama beat Tennessee. And hopefully Georgia's victory over Kentucky will leave them overconfident and unprepared for this weekend.

BCS...Week 2. After Auburn won on Saturday, I texted my father and said, "Auburn number 1" ...he wrote back "No way, Oregon." Last night I texted him, "told you so. SEC is too good." Let's be honest. The Ducks look great. But who have they played other than Stanford? Auburn is playing in the SEC West. The SEC West is the best division in this country. If you're 8-0 playing in that league, you deserve to be number 1. End of story. I still don't get why the BCS looks at Ohio State so favorably. Number 11? Seriously? I'd put them at 20, maybe. They're definitely not better than Arkansas, Stanford, Nebraska or LSU. But the BCS loves to put Ohio State in title games it can't win...so if there are no undefeated teams left at the end of the season, I won't be at all surprised if Ohio State magically jumps to number 1 in the BCS.

Week 9. Well, Boise State has another oh-so-challenging game in Boise. Somehow I don't see 3-4 Louisiana Tech matching up well with the Broncos on the smurf turf. Also, who plays games on Tuesdays? Thursday I'm obviously pulling for the Wolfpack over those dirty Seminoles. I expect the Oklahoma State-Kansas State game to be close because neither team has any defense, but I think the Cowboys have more offense. Miami will beat Virginia, but because it's in Virginia, I think it will be close. Gotta pick Zook over Purdue. I'm picking Iowa over Michigan State. Michigan State has not proven anything to me yet. The only game that surprised me was when they beat slow Wisconsin. Iowa isn't that good, but they're mad after they lost to the badgers. They'll be back with a vengeance this weekend. Plus they have home advantage. I think Washington will give Stanford a fight, but the Cardinal will probably win. Luck vs. Locker should be interesting, though. Arkansas will beat Vandy. Miss State may be surprised by Kentucky - depending which Kentucky team shows up. Kentucky has a better offense than Miss State, so I'm tempted to pick the Wildcats in this one. Ohio State will beat Minnesota. I hate Lane Kiffin, but I think USC is ready for this one. Part of me wants to see Oregon lose. But another part of me wants to smack Lane Kiffin's face off of his face. Oregon is clearly the better team, but Kiffin just might cheat enough for the Trojans to win. Michigan-Penn State - I will not be watching because I'm pretty sure that game would put me to sleep. Oklahoma beats Colorado. Nevada beats Utah State. TCU beats UNLV. Hawaii beats Idaho. Sidenote: I want Hawaii to be the team to upset Boise State this year. As for my teams... Rutgers is off this weekend. I'm picking T-Magic and Nebraska to beat Missouri. And at the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party...of course I'm picking the Gators.

GO GATORS!! Go Huskers!! And Rutgers - be prepared to beat the Bulls next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment