Monday, October 11, 2010

Week 6

Well, one Gator got his revenge on Alabama. Way to go, Steve Spurrier! I'm happy Bama lost - but what surprises me most? Lou Holtz was right! Nebraska looked great on Thursday, and they even got 2 first-place votes in the USA Today poll. Maybe Kansas State isn't that great, but they were undefeated, and it was a road game for Nebraska. Taylor Martinez had 4 rushing touchdowns. The refs didn't let UConn cheat, and Rutgers won! I think I like Dodd more than Savage already. Wisconsin beat Minnesota, but they better be ready for next week. Denard Robinson had a disappointing day, and the Spartans surprised me. I'm not sure how much longer their winning streak will last, though. I haven't been impressed yet. TCU and Boise State continued to beat what looked like high-school teams. (Sorry, Wyoming and Toledo...) Arkansas won in Texas. Oregon still looks pretty good. Kentucky gave Cam Newton a run for his money, but Auburn pulled it out in the end. Oregon State put up quite the fight with Arizona and ended up beating the Wildcats. This may help Boise State more than anyone... Miami looked pathetic. The Gators looked very inconsistent and young, but seriously, this game came down to coaching. Meyer and Addazio just HAD to know that was a fake. It's freaking Les Miles. He always does that. Even if they kid was gonna go for the field goal...let him go for it. Not only has he never made a field goal that long, but it was for the TIE, not the WIN. Also, I'm pretty sure they botched that trick play. That was definitely a forward pass, and it was not supposed to hit the ground. But Lucky Les got lucky again. Too bad he still has to face Arkansas, Auburn and Alabama. And if Florida wins out in the SEC, they can still go to Atlanta and maybe ruin someone else's season. Mark my words, LSU will not be undefeated at the end of the season. Les's luck will run out. Again, I would have been very upset...but I changed the channel and watched Lane Kiffin lose AGAIN. Thanks, Stanford!!

So, Ohio State is number one again. I think it will be very short-lived this time, though. In 2003 Ohio State went to Madison undefeated, and I believe ranked #3. My brother, a badger, rushed the field after the game. I'm calling for another upset. Badgers win this one. On, Wisconsin! I'm pulling for Zook at Michigan State, but I think the Spartans will go 8-0, create a false identity of being a good team, and then they will crumble at Iowa. FSU has no challenge this weekend with Boston College. Good, let the Seminoles get overconfident in a terrible conference before the Gators eat them for lunch. Pittsburgh should win at Syracuse. West Virginia will beat South Florida and the Big East will continue to have a single team ranked in the top 25. The Big East has proven to be worse than the ACC, sadly. I'm picking Jake Locker and the Huskies over the Beavers. I think Iowa-Michigan will be a shootout. Michigan wins if Denard has a big day. South Carolina beats Kentucky. Nebraska beats Texas. I see a close game with Texas Tech and Oklahoma State, but with home advantage Texas Tech has a good chance. Though the cowboys keep getting lucky... Calling Texas A&M over Missouri. The Aggies hung in there with a great SEC opponent. This will be Missouri's toughest game so far. Gators beat Mississippi State for homecoming. Lucky Les beats McNeese State. Sooners beat Iowa State. Rutgers should play a close game with Army in East Rutherford - of course I'm pulling for the SCARLET Knights in this one. Miami should be able to beat Duke and build some confidence for the rest of its (weak) ACC schedule. Georgia will beat Vanderbilt and build some confidence after an awful start. But I think the best game of the weekend will be Arkansas at Auburn. In the quarterback battle - Newton wins. I pick Auburn by a field goal.

Go Gators! Go Scarlet Knights! Go Huskers!

No comments:

Post a Comment