Monday, November 22, 2010

Week 12

Lucky Les's luck continues. Close one! I was glad to see Jake Locker get the win on senior night. Boise State had a slow start but a nice finish. Wisconsin was tested for a little, but they did win. Now they just have to stay ahead of Ohio State in the BCS... Michigan State should have lost. Ohio State should have lost. Wisconsin deserves the big ten title this year. Ohio State does not deserve a spot in a BCS bowl game - but I am sure they will get one, even if they lose to Michigan. Nebraska once again proved the huskers are nothing without Martinez. If he is healthy, they can dominate the big ten next year. Otherwise, I'm prepared to see many games that will put me to sleep like the one this weekend did. That late roughing the passer call was completely bogus, though. Should have gone to overtime 6-6. I thought Pelini was going to murder someone. He was LIVID. But I can't blame him. Refs appeared to be paid off... And Zook became bowl eligible in one of the strangest games I've ever seen. Rutgers showed some promise on offense, but the defense didnt show up. Still a slight chance at bowl eligibility...

Anyway, the top of the BCS stayed the same. I guess that's what happens when 1, 2 and 3 have bye weeks. Nebraska dropped after losing...but does it matter? That game meant as much as Arkansas beating South Carolina. As long as Nebraska beats Colorado, they go to the Big 12 championship. Ohio State is creeping up the rankings despite unimpressive wins over overrated teams. And what a freaking joke that Iowa is still ranked. I actually hope Florida gets to play Iowa in a bowl game now. Everyone thinks the Gators are awful this year. Well, with all of Iowa's undeserved hype, suddenly the Gators could gain respect by beating them in a bowl game.

The Gator basketball team is inconsistent so far this season. Apparently they only showed up for one half the Ohio State game. It upsets me because I know the Gators could have, and should have, won that game. More so, it upsets me because now Ohio State will continue its reign of overratedness. The SEC East is going to be very competitive this year. Vanderbilt looked decent against UNC yesterday - though I don't think UNC belonged in the top 10 to start the season. Living off its name entirely. Oh well. Lots of basketball left to be played this season! Rutgers beat the ACC's weak link Miami this weekend. Rah! Rah! The Gators have a big one this weekend against FSU. GO GATORS! Illinois is looking better than I expected. I hope they are as good as they were in 2004. They actually made for some watchable big ten games. That's the last big ten team I respected...the 2004-05 Fighting Illini. Everyone since has been overrated trash (ie: Michigan State the last 2 years, Ohio State in 2006-07). When I watched Nebraska play Vanderbilt...I could have sworn the Huskers were already in the big ten. So slow I almost fell asleep in my chair at work. They will be a perfect fit next year. Oh well. I'm more concerned about the Gators beating FSU in both football and basketball. Five games I look forward to this week: UF vs FSU (naturally), Duke vs Marquette (I always respect the Golden Eagles), Kansas State vs Gonzaga (because I love seeing the Zags lose), Butler vs Siena, UCLA vs Villanova (want to see if UCLA is any good this year!).

As far as week 13 football predictions... I will take Texas A&M over Texas. Sorry Texas - no bowl game for you this year! Rutgers over Louisville. Upstream, red team! Picking Auburn at Alabama. Everyone else thinks Auburn will fall. Well, prepare for loss #3, Bama. Would love to see Arizona and Nevada win. But I dont think either will happen. I think Auburn, Oregon and Boise State will all remain undefeated. Cheering for Michigan and Penn State. Michigan State and Ohio State are both insanely lucky, though. But I'd like to see Michigan upset Ohio State. LSU will play a close game with Arkansas, but Lucky Les will get lucky. LSU by a touchdown or less. Iowa shouldn't be ranked at all, but they'll at least beat Minnesota. Wisconsin may struggle with Northwestern because of the pressure, but I'm cheering for the badgers. South Carolina should have no problem with Clemson. Miss State-Ole Miss should be a close one. I'll take Miss State by a field goal. I'll pick Nebraska over Colorado. Huskers win the Big 12 North. Go big red! And of course, I will pick the Gators to win the 7th straight game against the Seminoles. I don't care about records or stats. The Gators better show up and own the Seminoles. And the basketball team better do the same on Sunday.

Go Gators!!!!! Go Scarlet Knights!! Go Huskers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment