Monday, November 29, 2010

Week 13

Sucks to be Texas! They went from way overrated and going to the national championship only to get crushed by a team from the best conference to showing their true colors and not making a bowl game. Unfortunately Rutgers ended its bowl streak too. Auburn over Alabama was my lock of the year. When Alabama went up 24-0, all I said was "Remember the Georgia-Auburn game? Auburn will come back." Nevada pulled off a great upset. TCU played another awful team. Oregon played a terrible first half against mediocre Arizona. Wisconsin, Ohio State and Michigan State all played bad teams (really, what else is there in the big ten?) and won. Lucky Les almost did get lucky. At the end of the game he must have been saying "I want my money back" ...someone must have paid someone to mess with the clocks. But the better team won, and Arkansas should expect a Sugar Bowl bid after Auburn beats South Carolina again. Miss State won a close game over Ole Miss. Remember when I said Iowa shouldn't be ranked at all? And that they are the most overrated team of the season? Point proven. My old high school football team could beat Minnesota. Pathetic! South Carolina dominated Clemson from the awful ACC. Unfortunately, the Gators did not show up for their match against an ACC foe. I guess in all true rivalries, each team must win at some point. Better to let FSU win in a year when it means nothing. But if Urban doesn't rethink his decision to start Brantley next year...many Gator fans will stop watching. Brantley and Addazio do not belong in the SEC. They are embarrassing our school, and Meyer is just as guilty for allowing it to happen. At least Nebraska showed up and dominated Colorado - and without any help from Martinez!

Auburn is back at number 1 in the BCS Standings. Probably has something to do with the fact Alabama is a lot better than Arizona. But who cares? The Championship game has almost definitely already been decided. Auburn and Oregon fans, go ahead - buy your tickets. It's safe. And I don't care about geography. No one can convince me that Oregon will win because it's closer to Arizona than Auburn is. It should be a high-scoring game because neither team has any defense, but they both have enough offense to make up for it. I will also add that I think it will be funny if TCU beats Wisconsin, and that I'm SO happy Ohio State didn't jump Wisconsin. They probably won't put Ohio State against Arkansas because they want Ohio State to lose, so I expect to see something awful like Ohio State-UConn or Ohio State-Virginia Tech. History has taught us that Ohio State cannot beat the SEC in football. Also, congratulations to TCU on joining a BCS conference. Unlike Boise State, TCU and Utah have taken steps to solve their problems. Boise State is apparently joining the Mountain West Conference. Really not sure what the point of that is. Should be joining the Pac 10 or Big 12, but I guess it's not my decision!

The Gators beat the Seminoles in basketball - and I cheered "UF Rejects!" because I have no respect for FSU. I've gotta say, UNLV is looking good. UNC is not doing anything this year. Duke looks good. Kansas State still looks good. Michigan State is overrated as usual - once again, Spartans will not win the national championship - calling that now. Pitt and Kansas look good. Still not impressed with Ohio State. Waiting for them to play a team with a defense. Illinois looks ok, but I question the loss to Texas because I don't know if Texas is good yet. Can't be worse than the UT football team though, right? I'm mad Gonzaga beat Marquette. This week Florida State plays Ohio State. This is the game where I cheer for a natural disaster because I hate both teams so much and love to watch both of them lose. 5 games I look forward to - Georgetown-Missouri. UNC-Illinois - A rematch of the 2005 National Championship game. Mich St-Duke. Duke will win. Butler vs Duke - Can Butler avenge last year's game? I doubt it, but we'll see. And I'll add Florida-American. Just because I'm a Gator fan.

Football predictions....Arizona over Arizona State. Scarlet Knights win in Morgantown, I hope - though the season is over for Rutgers. I'll pick Pitt at Cincy. But who cares. Boise State beats Utah State. Nevada beats Louisiana Tech. UConn over USF. Hawaii over UNLV. Virginia Tech over FSU. Auburn over South Carolina. Oregon wins the Civil War. Huskers should beat inconsistent Oklahoma - especially if Martinez plays. Looking forward to seeing all the bowl announcements.

GO GATORS! Go Scarlet Knights! Go Huskers!

No comments:

Post a Comment