Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Week 2

What did I tell you about Virginia Tech? Not good. In fact, I think the ACC has become the new Pac-10. That is to say, the ACC is likely to be the worst conference this year. FSU was embarrassed (yes!) by Oklahoma, Georgia Tech lost to unranked Kansas, and Jacory Harris did exactly what I didn't want him to do. If Harris hadn't thrown all those interceptions, Miami definitely would have won that game. My random upset pick of Tennessee over Oregon actually looked pretty good at halftime! ...but I guess their youth kicked in, and Oregon got a few lucky breaks...and then the game just kinda spiraled out of control. Georgia looked bad. Rutgers was lucky to walk away from the FIU game with a victory. Nebraska looked fine. Gators looked awful in the first half, decent in the second half.

I am glad to see Virginia Tech is no longer ranked, but I once again fail to see the point of early season rankings if Oregon State is currently ranked at 0-1. I understand people THINK they will be good...but at this point in the season, it is my feeling that ANY 2-0 team should be given credit and ranked ahead of teams who have lost. When it's later in the season if Oregon State is 9-1 or something, fine, go ahead, rank them. But they haven't even won a game. This applies to Miami and Penn State as well. For all I know the national championship game could be between 2 of these 3 schools - I'll bet it won't be - but I still don't think these teams have any business in the week 2 rankings. Just my opinion.

As for some predictions....Ohio State will beat Ohio. Remind me, why do people think Ohio State has a tough schedule? Michigan will beat UMass in a game that will be almost as impressive as that intrastate Ohio game. Penn State will beat Kent State. Minnesota will lose at home to a sub-par USC team. Nebraska will escape Washington with a victory. Alabama will destroy Duke. Oklahoma will beat Air Force. Oklahoma is starting to earn their ranking, in my mind. Early feeling...Oklahoma-Nebraska for the Big 12. Still not impressed with Texas after the way they struggled early with Wyoming. I would LOVE to see Texas Tech win this weekend over Texas, and I'm hoping that will be a good game. I hope to see Florida win at Tennessee. Florida certainly has more talent than Tenneseee. But as usual, the team has a number of off-the-field distractions. I think Case Keenum and Houston will win at UCLA if Keenum can play. Boise State should have no problem with Wyoming. TCU may be tested by Baylor, but I think home-field advantage will give them the edge they need to win. I think Arkansas will beat Georgia, but I'm not sure how good Arkansas is yet. South Carolina will beat Furman. Former Gator Cameron Newton will lead the Auburn Tigers past the Clemson Tigers. Playing a night game at home, LSU should have no problem handling Miss State. Random upset of the week? I'll pick Maryland over West Virginia. Neither team has impressed me, but West Virginia almost embarrassed themselves last week. I think West Virginia will work hard to prove the Marshall game was a fluke, but who knows, maybe Maryland isn't bad. Oh, and Rutgers won't lose this weekend.

Go Gators!! Go Huskers! And practice hard Scarlet Knights!!

No comments:

Post a Comment