Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Week 4

Like I said, Texas was overrated. I thought they could at least handle UCLA before falling to Oklahoma, but I guess not. Miami played better against Pitt, and I'm starting to see that the Big East may be as bad as the ACC if not worse. TCU did beat SMU, but June Jones hung in there for a while! Wisconsin covered the spread and more against Austin Peay. I did not think Wisconsin would score 70 points in any game this season. I was taken by surprise! Michigan played better against Bowling Green...but come on, its Bowling Green. And if Robinson gets hurt, Michigan is done for the season. Penn State almost lost at home to Temple. Alabama should have lost at Arkansas, but Mallett couldn't finish the job. Notre Dame is pathetic and I am so tired of listening Lou Holtz talk about how amazing they are. Does he know what year it is? Oklahoma got lucky in Cincinnati, and LSU should have scored more against West Virginia. Unfortunately Rutgers did struggle with UNC like we all knew they would, and though they kept it close, they were unable to pull away with the win. Florida looked better against Kentucky. Defense continued to play well. Brantley looked more comfortable - probably since he played against Kentucky last year after the now-famous Tebow concussion incident, and Trey Burton ran wild.

I was not surprised to see Boise State beat Oregon State. But what now? The WAC is not exactly a strong conference. Unless Nevada can pull off an upset on November 26th, Boise State will likely go undefeated yet again. Clearly Boise State is a strong competitor. But if the Broncos were to play, for example, an SEC team in the national title game...could they hold their own? Or would it be something like the horrific Hawaii-Georgia Sugar Bowl after the 2007 season? Unfortunately for Boise State, the BCS system does not look kindly upon such a weak schedule. Just remember...Hawaii was undefeated before the Sugar Bowl. And a 2-loss LSU team won the national championship that season.

As for week 5 predictions.... Oklahoma State should beat Texas A&M. Ohio State should beat Illinois - but I'm cheering for Ron Zook. Miami is a better team than Clemson in my opinion, but again, you never know who's showing up. Will Harris have no interceptions? or 4? No one knows. Northwestern vs. Minnesota....does anyone care about this game? I know its at noon, but come on ESPN, you couldn't find a better game? I'll pick the Wildcats. TCU will run over Colorado State. Boise State will destroy New Mexico State. Oklahoma is definitely better than Texas, so I'll pick the Sooners in the Red River Rivalry. I'm picking Wisconsin to win at Michigan State because Michigan State hasn't played any good teams yet. A 3-point overtime victory over awful Notre Dame does not impress me. On, Wisconsin. LSU will beat Tennessee, but for some reason I think Tenn will put up a fight in this game. LSU's offense has not impressed me yet. I think Penn State is losing at Iowa. I may not think Iowa is good, but they've just got to be better at home than Temple is on the road. Stanford vs. Oregon...I could toss a coin. I will pick Oregon because they're at home. But I still have my doubts about Oregon because of the first half of the Ducks-Vols game. I would love to see Locker beat Kiffin's trojans, but I have a feeling Washington will lose at USC. Rutgers will beat Tulane. Nebraska will take the week off to regroup after that unimpressive victory over South Dakota State. Don't worry, the Huskers will be prepared for Kansas State next week and Texas the following weekend. And the biggest game of all this weekend: the battle of the last 2 national champions. Well, if Alabama plays how they played last weekend, and the Gators play how they played last weekend...the Gators will win. But its a new week. And for each team, this is the hardest game on the schedule so far. Be prepared, Gators! With that said, I can't pick a team over the Gators - regardless of rankings, experience and stats. This rematch of the last 2 SEC championships should be a good one.

Go Gators! Go Scarlet Knights! And practice hard, Huskers!

No comments:

Post a Comment