Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Week 1

I'm not impressed yet. No one looked good yet! My Gators looked pathetic. Pouncey and the receivers better step it up this week for USF. Rutgers looked atrocious against awful Norfolk State in the first half. I mean, 6-0 at halftime? Huskers looked decent.

Ohio State played Marshall, and even though it was a blowout, I was not impressed. Of course I was back and forth with other games at the time, but when I turned on the game, the first three things I saw were....1) Pryor fumbled a snap 2) Pryor threw an awful pass that was nearly intercepted 3) A field goal was blocked and Marshall returned it for a touchdown to make it a 14-7 game. Seriously, if Marshall had any offense at all, Ohio State could have lost that game. I expect Miami to beat Ohio State unless Harris feels like throwing a bunch of interceptions or the Buckeyes pay off the refs.

I've said it the past few years, and I'll say it again. Virginia Tech is not that good. Boise State might be, but no one will ever know. Boise State needs to make its case to join the Big 12 or Pac 10 or something. Winning the WAC conference proves nothing. Beating a mediocre Virginia Tech team in the last minute of a game proves nothing. If they beat Oregon State, a team from what I believe will remain the worst conference this year, that will prove nothing. If 3 teams go undefeated this year, and one is Boise State, and 2 are from BCS conferences - who do you think will be left out of the title game? Well, why don't you ask TCU and Boise State how good they think Alabama and Texas were last year. The Broncos and Horned Frogs can whine all they want about not getting any respect, but the fact is, no one will know if either team is good until they play multiple good teams. I'd like to see TCU and Boise State join BCS conferences to settle the debate.

As for right now, I think the Gators have a lot of work to do, but I know it's a rebuilding year. Texas has proven nothing, and they are entirely overrated. I don't understand why Oklahoma is ranked so high either. I don't think Virginia Tech should be ranked at all. I don't care if they played a close game with Boise State - the fact is, they are currently winless and should not be in the top 25. Ah, voter bias. This week I believe Alabama will beat Penn State with or without Ingram. I believe Miami will (or at least should) beat Ohio State. I think Oklahoma will beat FSU. I think Georgia will lose at South Carolina without Green. Texas will beat Wyoming - and I will be oh-so-impressed. Rutgers will beat FIU. Nebraska will beat Idaho. And the Gators should beat the Bulls from that inferior university in Florida. Random upset pick of the week? Tennessee over Oregon. Gotta support the SEC, whether I'm right or wrong. Let's see what happens!

Go Gators!! (Go Scarlet Knights, Go Huskers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment