Wednesday, September 14, 2011

College Football 2011 Week 3

Charlie Strong is in big trouble. I was so close on my BYU-Texas pick, and if they played again, I'd make the same pick again. BYU apparently left at halftime. Rutgers came SO close. I was very disappointed with the ending. But I guess if UNC didn't turn the ball over so much, the game wouldn't have been as close as it was.

The Gators shut out the Blazers, but I still wasn't impressed. The defense looked lazy. Deonte Thompson still can't hold onto a ball. Too many stupid penalties. They have a lot to work on before Alabama. And SEC play starts this week. Haven't lost to UT since 2004, and I don't want to see a loss this weekend.

Nebraska struggled early with a sub-par team...I guess they really have embraced being a Big Ten team. But they were no where near as pathetic as Ohio State. Every player on Toledo would have gotten a handwritten fan letter from me if they had beaten Ohio State. I was very disappointed they didn't pull out the win, but I was happy Ohio State was exposed. Although, they're exposed every year, and it never seems to affect the rankings very much...

Miss St and Auburn played a good game, and Auburn's home advantage helped them beat Dan Mullen. Both teams will have competitive seasons. Georgia hung in with South Carolina for a while, but come on - Spurrier had that locked up from the start. Everyone wants to talk about how great the Notre Dame-Michigan game was. I would call it competitive, not great. It was a battle of two awful teams. I was SHOCKED Michigan wasn't ranked after beating a winless team though, simply because the Big Ten gets so much praise. I thought Alabama would beat Penn State by more, but other than that, I wasn't surprised by too much in week 2.

Week 3 should be more interesting...my picks:

Miss State falls at home to LSU. Boise State beats Toledo by more than Ohio State did. Oklahoma wins at FSU. What do both teams have in common? Florida beat both in national championships. Stanford should beat Arizona. Washington isn't beating Taylor Martinez. The Huskies were embarrassed last year in Seattle - they're not beating Nebraska in Lincoln. Notre Dame will start 0-3. Michigan State will continue to be overrated for beating a winless team that gets its only praise from Lou Holtz.

Clearly I'm picking the Gators to beat the Vols. And I'll ask one of my favorite questions that I was asked in college - Why does Tennessee have checkerboards in the end zone? ...Because they can't spell Tennessee! I will pick Miami to win the "Ineligibowl" this weekend. Don't get me wrong - Miami and Ohio State are both bad. But Miami is at home. And Ohio State looked awful against Toledo. Auburn beats Clemson. SEC > ACC. Can Texas handle UCLA this time around? I'm picking the Bruins. I'm not sure why Texas is ranked. Arizona State has a decent QB...I'd like to pick Zook, but I think this game will be a good one.

I'll pick Kentucky over Louisville in the battle of "which team from Kentucky sucks less?" Syracuse loses to USC for sure. I pick Utah over BYU. Oklahoma State beats Tulsa. Alabama bets North Texas. Hawaii beats UNLV. None of these games even matter. Rutgers can't lose this weekend!

GO GATORS!!!!!!! And Go Big Red :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment