Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Urban Meyer Resigns

The legend is over. I posted Monday that if the Gators lose to Penn State I would be all for firing Coach Meyer. Apparently that will not be an issue now that he has stepped down. Let me clarify that I love what Urban Meyer has done for Gator Nation. I just don't think he is himself anymore. I personally don't need to see Urban Meyer on the sideline as a figurehead while the Gators have mediocre/disappointing seasons (think Joe Paterno, Bobby Bowden). Certainly Meyer has done a great job with coaching and recruiting. But I think his best days are behind him. Thank you for the championships, Urban. I, and all other Gators, appreciate what you've done for the team.

Who will replace Urban Meyer?
Much speculation has surfaced about the possibility of Dan Mullen's return to Gainesville. I, for one, believe this would be the obvious choice. Remember the days when Florida had an awesome offense? Aka the days of Dan Mullen... I believe it would be wise not only because Mullen is very familiar with the program, but also because there is no way Addazio would be offensive coordinator under Dan Mullen. There are also rumors of Charlie Strong returning to Gainesville after leaving UF for Lousiville. I respect Dan Mullen. I respect Charlie Strong. Now, if the Gators should have some complete breakdown and hire Steve Addazio as head coach of the Gators, I will take a leave of absence from Gator fanhood. This season was hard enough to watch... Jeremy Foley, I beg you. Don't make next year harder. Apparently there is also talk of Bob Stoops, Bobby Petrino, Kyle Whittingham and Gary Patterson. Only time will tell - but I have a feeling we won't be waiting very long.

Anyone else have a feeling Urban Meyer wants to go to Denver because of a certain former HE15MAN winner?

Go Gators!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment