Thursday, November 15, 2012

Gators Eat Badgers for Breakfast

Or maybe we eat Pop-Tarts, I'm not sure.  But last night the Gators sure feasted on Bo Ryan's squad.  Erik Murphy was fantastic.  Rosario looked a lot more comfortable.  It was a reassuring game for me considering the Gators don't typically play very well at the start of season.  But I'm pleased so far with the 2.5-0 start.  Yes, I'm giving us .5 for the half we won against Georgetown - don't judge me.


Breakfast of Champions


As for football....Gators, seriously, what's wrong with you? You have to show up for EVERY game.  That was completely pathetic.  Louisiana-Lafayette probably considers that a victory.  You better plan on blowing out Jacksonville State...even with Brissett.  Driskel may not be the best QB in the world, but he's a million times better than Brantley, and I think has proved to be better than Brissett.  Get well soon, Jeff.  As for Rutgers, it was a slow start, but they won the game, even though I maintain that the game effectively did not matter.  Now that Louisville lost, Rutgers can lose a conference game before beating Louisville tand still get its bid to a BCS bowl game.  Rah Rah! I posed a question about ice cream last week.  It's been more than a decade since I've had ice cream at Penn State (that's scary), so I'm giving the edge to Nebraska's Dairy Store...based on the fact that I was there this year - and I'm somewhat swayed by Nebraska beating Penn State on the football field.

Yes, Nebraska has Sweet Corn Ice Cream

Alabama looked awful against Texas A&M.  Nothing else surprised me.  On to this weekend...not many good games.  I'll pick UCLA over USC.  FSU is looking ahead to Florida and plays a closer than expected game with Maryland, but wins.  Oregon beats Stanford.  Oklahoma State edges Texas Tech due to home field advantage.  Wisconsin beats Ohio State - Over/under on how many hours it takes Meyer to fake a heart attack after that one? Rutgers wins a close one at Cincinnati.  Nebraska beats Minnesota.  Florida better destroy Jacksonville state.

Basketball...all I can say so far is Kentucky, Kansas and Michigan State are all overrated.  Also, FSU sucks.  We once again have a situation where no teams appear to be dominant.  Could make for a fun postseason, but I'm now afraid of losing a talented player like Patric Young to the NBA early...I don't think he'll be quite ready at the end of the season, but with lack of talent in the draft, we may see No. 4 leave Gainesville.

Upcoming games I'm looking forward to...

11/18 - Florida vs Middle Tennessee (in Tampa)
11/18 - Cornell at Wisconsin (revenge?)
11/19 - UCLA vs Georgetown (Barclays Center)
11/20 - Indiana (I assume, since Georgia is a joke as usual) vs the winner of UCLA/Georgetown
11/20 - Florida vs Savannah State
11/21 - Pittsburgh vs Michigan
11/23 - Pittsburgh or Michigan vs Kansas State


GO GATORS!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment