Thursday, January 13, 2011

The 25-game win streak is over...

Before Florida found its identity as a team this season, the Gators beat FSU on the road. Because the Gators did not seem ready for the season yet and still won the game, I didn't see FSU as a threat to many teams. I knew the ACC was down this year, but I originally said that did not apply to Duke. I guess Duke didn't get the memo, because they played like an ACC team last night. Congrats to Derwin Kitchen and Chris Singleton on strong individual performances. As thrilling as it is to see the #1 team fall in college basketball, I am upset for 2 reasons this morning. 1: FSU won a game last night. 2: Ohio State will likely be #1 in the next poll. So on Saturday...come on, Nittany Lions....you got this!!! And I was actually slightly excited to see the next set of polls because as many of you saw Tuesday, the Gators won a thriller in overtime on the road, and some are projecting the Gators to creep back into the top 25. Wisconsin should drop out after its choke at Michigan State, but the polls just seem to love the Big Ten so much this season, I wouldn't even be surprised if they and the Spartans both jump. Illinois, too. Still waiting for an explanation on how Purdue is ranked ahead of UConn. Anyway, Gators have another tough East game Saturday (the SEC East is for real in basketball this season! gotta make up for football somewhere, I guess...) Go Gators! Beat the gamecocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment